Sunday 17 July 2016

[ SUMMER SKINCARE ROUTINE 2016 ] - Combination Dehydrated Skin


Heck, having combo and dehydrated skin is probably the worst combination ever, like as if combination skin type on its own isn't already annoying to deal with. My skin gets dehydrated from time to time and it's usually nothing too major and goes away quite quickly but it's just a very annoying condition to deal with T__T This is just what works well for my skin currently so that it becomes brightened again and a lot less sensitive. I prefer keeping my routine simple especially when it's dehydrated because of the sensitivity. This means eliminating things that work for my pores because it seems to be too harsh atm :(

 MORNINGS 

1) E45 Dermatological Emollient Wash Cream - £4.35


Every time my skin becomes sensitive I use either this face wash or the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, basically anything that's suitable for  sensitive or dry skin  types. I prefer the Cetaphil over the E45, since I feel like this is so mild that it doesn't effectively remove stubborn impurities such as sunscreen and it takes a while before everything washes off. But just like it claims it doesn't irritate or dry out the skin and it's budget friendly. I don't like spending loads on cleansers because I feel like they don't do much for the skin in terms of caring for it. So as long as it removes everything and not dry my skin out I'm not too fussed.

2) Mamonde Rose Water Toner - £12.80


Some people don't think toners are necessary but I think they are as like the final cleansing step to just remove any remaining cleanser that's on my face. You can read my review of this toner here.

3) TONYMOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Essence - £9.72


I can really feel the difference when I use this and when I don't. This helps other products absorb so much better even though there it doesn't provide enough moisture for my skin. Read more about this in detail.

4) Kiehl's Skin Rescuer - £4.89


I've only been using samples of this because the actual bottle costs more than my life T___T But this is hella good for  dehydrated skin or dry and sensitive skin. Not great for  oily  skin because despite it being light, it's rich moisture is most likely gonna break you out. This is soooo good for redness or any kind of irritation. I even read reviews that this calms down Rosacea and we know how red that is >.< This is probably my fav moisturiser atm with the moistfull collagen cream by EH coming in second. You need to be careful when using this, since a find just a little too much and it will give me break outs on my cheeks which are usually normal/dry. 

5) SecretKey High Lasting Sun Cream - £4.84


Just like what I said about cleansers, I don't like spending loads on sunscreen either. If the texture is light and provides high SPF I'm happy. Ironically, this is quite thick and although doesn't leave much of a white cast, it feels greasy on the face. I'm currently using it up but I'm very unlikely to repurchase.

 EVENING 

1) Banilo Co. Clean It Zero - £13.72





If I'm wearing makeup I'd remove it with this and omg this removes EVERYTHING effortlessly. They also have one made for sensitive skin, but I already had this and tbh this doesn't irritate my skin at all. If I'm out of cleanser I'd use this as a replacement and in all honesty, it's better than the cleanser I'm currently using.

2) E45 Emollient Wash Cream

Depending on how my skin feels I'd double cleanse with this, but if it feels too sensitive for another cleanse I'd usually just stop after using the clean it zero.

3) Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask - £6.99


I used to use this 2-3 times a week but reduced it down to just 1-2 times a week because I don't need to use it that often for my skin right now. I loveeeeeee this mask like my pores reduce by so much and using this in conjunction with their cleanser from the same line is like heavennnn for your pores~ I also use this as an exfoliator atm as it removes dead skin cells as well. I'm not using their cleanser at the moment but once my skin is back to normal, I'll be bouncing back to it ^^ 

4) Mamonde Rose Water Toner

5) TONYMOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Essence

6) Kiehl's Skin Rescuer

7) Saint Peau Baobab Water Storage Firming Eye Cream



Not a fan of this, it's just not moisturising enough and of course because it isn't moisturising enough my eyes are still hella dryyyyy. I'm looking to purchase the Khiel's avocado eye cream because I've heard so many good reviews about it.

8) MIZON Good Night White Sleeping Mask - £5.12



You can get this in tube or tub form, I went for the tube as it's more hygienic and easier to travel with. This has a nice cooling effect and a pleasant smell but I find that it's not as hydrating as other sleeping masks, however other people seem to like it a lot so I guess this product is either a hit or miss.

I haven't noticed much in terms of whitening but then again I don't use this often due to the hydration issue. I use this 2-3 times a week whenever I can.

9) Berrisom Placenta Firming Hydrogel Eye Patch


You'll have probably heard of Berrisom for their famous peel off lip tints but this time instead of buying the lip tint, I decided to purchase some eye patches as my eyes have been needing some TLC. If you haven't already read my post about my first eye patch experience, read it here.

In comparison to that, these eye patches are so flimsy since they've been soaked in too much essence making it difficult to apply onto the eyes. It slips and slides very easily so I'm constantly having to adjust them - annoying or what -.- The cooling effect also doesn't last as long and not much difference is made to my eyes either. I'll probably repurchase the Petitfée one once I've used these up. I try to use these every other night because I'm a night owl lol >.<


*I've already used up the cleanser and toner when this is posted hence why they don't feature in the collection photo at the top >.<

Share with me your skincare routine or link it to your blog, I'd love to have a read~ ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~