Thursday 30 June 2016

TONYMOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Essence Review


Yeah I don't have an excuse for being away for quite a while, I just haven't been in the mood to blog or had anything I thought was worthy of blogging about. But I am back and hopefully there'll be more posts coming soon. The  TONYMOLY Chok Chok Green Tea line  is a new line and I wanted to try it out because it contains green tea and it gives me a chance to try out products from TM. Green tea as you all probably know have soothing and antioxidant properties :P Not to mention "chok chok" gives it away that this product is going to be a moisturising and nourishing one since that's what it means in korean. It's suitable for all skin types.

"The essence contains the moisture of fermented green tea cultivated by sunlight, wind and nature throughout four seasons. The fermented green tea ingredient that goes through one year natural fermentation process keeps skin moisturised and healthy as it delivers excellent antioxidant & moisture storing effects to skin compared to fresh green tea. The highly concentrated moisturising essence helps quench skin's thirst as it delivers moisture deep into skin." - TONYMOLY


Classic green coloured packaging for anything green tea related. It's a normal pump plastic bottle making it easy to dispense the product and keeping it hygienic. I do find the pump a little stiff and that I need to hold it in a certain angle so that the product doesn't spit in other directions, but that's not too big of a problem and it might just be my bottle tbh >.<


A very lightweight and a gel watery consistency - not too watery so that it literally drips before I can take a photo, but it's not as thick as a cream either. As you can see, this product has good spreadability, it also sinks into the skin quickly and does not leave a sticky residue as I thought it would. The lemony scent isn't pungent nor disturbing because of how mild it smells, hence a good option for girlies who are not a fan of strong smells and those with sensitive skin :)

I find that if I apply this before my moisturiser it really helps the moisturiser to absorb better. It leaves a nice refreshing feel on the skin with a slight cooling sensation; perfect for summer. However obviously due to the thin consistency, it doesn't provide as much moisture as I hoped as well as it not being long lasting. Although these were all expected anyway. I can't say much about this product and to me it's just meh, but it doesn't irritate my skin and it helps products following the essence step to absorb better. I'd say that this alone isn't going to give you enough moisture and so you should try the cream instead.

This hasn't made a significant change or should I say no difference at all to my skin texture or complexion so I personally wouldn't repurchase this, but if you're on a budget and want something lightweight for the summer this is probably something you want to try out. Dry skin types and dehydrated skin probably won't benefit much from this alone, oily girls on the other hand would probably enjoy this more.

RATING:  photo tumblr_inline_n0vrymT2nM1rxsw83_zpsxlcdexif.gif photo tumblr_inline_n0vrymT2nM1rxsw83_zpsxlcdexif.gif photo tumblr_inline_n0vrymT2nM1rxsw83_zpsxlcdexif.gif photo tumblr_inline_n0vrymT2nM1rxsw83_zpsxlcdexif.gif photo tumblr_inline_n0vrymT2nM1rxsw83_zpsxlcdexif.gif

Have you guys tried any of the Chok Chok Green Tea line?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~