Friday 16 October 2015

Empties #1


So this is my very first empties post and although it seems like a lot, this is actually my collection over a few months. I mean if I did like a monthly one, there'd only be one thing and I don't think many people would be interested >.< I will be doing mini reviews of these and if you guys want me to do an in-depth one, let me know in the comments below or contact me via the contact page ^^

*Going from left to right

 photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif

1) Clean & Clear Oil-Free Exfoliating Daily Wash - £3.10
A mild exfoliant with cloudy liquid, this lathers up quickly in your palms and sloughs off the dead skin on your face instantly - creating a smoother canvas. It has that baby bath product smell but it's very subtle so it won't linger around. Most exfoliators I feel are too harsh on the skin because of their large beads, but these are tiny and when I say tiny I mean tinyyyyy, which is gentle on the skin - great for every day use. Definitely recommend for people who have acne prone skin as well, since this is an oil-free wash and although I don't have acne, this helps to reduce the odd pimples that I get very quickly :)

2) BAUSCH + LOMB ReNu Multi-Purpose Solution (120ml) - £5.59 
Standard solution for contact lenses; multi-purpose so you can use this to store, disinfect, cleanse, rinse and lubricate. It says for sensitive eyes but I picked up whatever seemed legit at the time because I was lens noob. Check with your optician to know whether it's suitable for you (it should be). It does it's job, never gave me eye problems so yeah :D

3) Cutex Ultra Cleansing Nail Polish Remover (100ml) - £1.59
There are different types of this nail polish remover depending on your nail type. I didn't know that so I grabbed whichever - I need to stop doing that lol (if it doesn't go on my face, I don't read it haha). Removes majority of polishes with one swipe, unless they're stubborn ones >.<

4) Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser - £4.99
Read my review of it here. By far one of my favourite cleansers!

 photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif


*Again from left to right

1) NIVEA Sun Kids SPF 30 Pocket Size Sunscreen - £3.00
My brother gave this to me one summer for some reason and that was when I started to wear sunscreen. It's for kids but I guess it does the same thing, I mean I'm still pale (slightly tanned this year T_T) and nothing has happened to my skin. Protects you from both UVA and UVB rays. Yellow in colour and quite runny. It has a lovely citrusy scent; as expected of NIVEA since their products always smell lush. However I wouldn't recommend this to people with oily/combination skin as it makes my skin extremely greasy even if I use a little bit. This leaves a slight white cast which some people dislike.

2) OZ Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Professional Moisturising Serum - £12.39
Read review here - good for moisturising and brightening effects, however you'll have to alternate between two serums about every month or so due to the skin turnover period.

3) Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash - £4.69
Totally excited when I got this because it was pink! From the bottle it looked more like a gel-type cleanser but when you lather it up it becomes slightly foamy. It's supposed to get rid of spots and blackheads but I didn't find that this helped with any of that. Sure my spots cleared up but that's what they do anyway after a while of making my face look like crap. Unlike other cleansers that give you that smooth feeling on your skin after cleansing, my face felt the same as if I just splashed water on my face. So I don't recommend at all.

4) The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish - £10.00
I don't like it when companies give weird names to their products instead of ones that we're familiar with, it makes buyers like me confused >.< This is basically a body scrub with the smell and colour of a satsuma - quite strong of a smell so it lingers around for a bit but it smells good so I don't even mind smelling like it :D Foams up upon contact with water. The beads are slightly big so I'd say it might not be appropriate for people with sensitive skin. However let me tell you that this is my first body scrub ever and I love it so much! It buffs away dead skin so well, leaving the body smooth as a baby's butt! Apply some moisturiser after that and voila happy touching because you won't be able to stop touching your legs after you shave ladies when you use this beforehand ;)

5) Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser - £4.19
Another Neutrogena product that I'm not so fond of. I think it's just a Neutrogena thing that loves making their products oily because although this is apparently oil-free and a light moisturiser, I still get shiny from it after a couple of hours of use. It's got a weird smell to it which I don't like but I've gotten used to it. Does nothing for evening out skin tone, so that claim is utter BS. It even gave me red blotches on my cheeks so sensitive skin girlies stay away! I don't think I'll ever use any skincare product from Neutrogena again >.<

 photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif


1) L'oréal Studio Hot Straight Straightening Cream - £3.79
Heat protector is a must-have for anyone who uses hot tools especially for people like me who has damaged hair >.< I've got a variety of heat protectors; sprays, creams and oils. This is my first heat protector and I stand by it because it works so well. My hair care routine has expanded and changed as time went on, especially now when my hair is in the process of turning grey (may do a hair care post). This will help keep your hair smooth and manageable even after using the straighteners. I don't like the greasy feeling on my hands though after I've rubbed it in my hair but apart from that, this does what it claims to do and smells gorgeous :D

2) Vaseline Essential Moisture Aloe Fresh Light Feeling Lotion - £3.49
When summer approaches you want something light rubbed onto your body whilst still keeping your skin nice and soft. Smelling of aloe, this does just the job. Absorption is quick and takes about 5 minutes to soak in your skin - wear tighter clothing for better moisturising effects ;) The lid doesn't come off so quite a bit of product goes to waste. There are also other different scents that you can choose from :)

 photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif

That marks the end of my empties post and I hope you guys enjoyed reading about them even if they're mini ones ^__^

All of these products were purchased from either Boots or Superdrug besides the body shop one which I've already provided you guys with a link ;D If you guys are interested in these but they're unavailable in your country, try Amazon or Ebay, surely they'll have them :)

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys have a nice day~

 photo tumblr_inline_n6cay5Rcjh1rxsw83_zpshz67iiqq.gif

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~