Tuesday 8 September 2015

Maybelline Lasting Drama 24h Gel Liner Review

Superdrug: £7.99?
I've recently lost my eyeliner *cries* and that is a staple product, like my makeup isn't even makeup without the eyeliner T__T I had to replace my eyeliner with black eyeshadow at one point, that's how you know I can't live without that black line across my eyelids - need to make these Chinese eyes bigger you know? ;P

I don't know about you but I've tried pretty much all kinds of eyeliner types; liquid, felt tip, gel, pencil you name it, so I know what works best for me. I went for a gel liner since I found that was easier to create a bolder look compared to the other mediums, where you have to build on the thickness. What attracted me to this was how it says "2 brushes in 1" and "lasting up to 24h", I mean who doesn't love a double ended brush with long lasting makeup?
 photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif



Creamy black gel is contained in this matte glass pot secured by a tin-like lid, giving it the classic aesthetic look with the Maybelline logo imprinted on the side. The brush itself has plastic lids to prevent dirt contaminating the brushes. I actually found the lids of these brushes more sturdier than the Bobbi Brown one that I'd reviewed (lost that one too). I haven't used the bigger brush yet so I comment on it's smudging effect but it's thinner counterpart is fantastic! The bristles are soft enough so that it doesn't tug on the skin but strong enough so that they glide onto the eyes smoothly, creating a perfect stroke. It's smaller feature also helps to construct precise sharp lines for that killer look ;)

I can't comment on the lasting up to 24h claim as I've never worn makeup for that long. The packaging on the back tells you how to apply this so great for beginners starting out with gel liner or eyeliner altogether.

 photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif

This is highly pigmented, with one stroke the bold black can already be seen and there is no need for reapplication like I find with some that I've tried. It glides on very smoothly due to its creamy formula. Because of it's creamy texture, if you have extra product on your eyelids, it can easily be stretched out without having to dip your brush in the pot again.

For the amount of time that I had this on under warm heat - lighting / heat in some stores + the weather (yes, England was warm for once!), this stayed on and didn't budge which I find some eyeliners tend to slip and slide to the bottom corner of my eyes. So for lasting power this is A++++ It was almost effortless to apply my eyeliner as I completed it in 3 strokes literally - straight across the lid, wing and connecting the two.

It's very stubborn to remove as it took quite a few rubs with my makeup wipe before it started coming off. I'd say it can be slightly waterproof even though it doesn't state that.

The fact that this also enables you to smudge out the eyeliner makes it perfect for creating smokey looks (extra eyeshadow ayyyy). I still need to get the Urban Decay Smokey Palette because it's just so perfecttttttt <3 Honestly, I find this to be a much superior gel liner to my Bobbi Brown one showing that higher price  better. 

PROS
  • 2 in 1 Applicator
  • Highly pigmented
  • Stays true to claim
  • Guide for beginners
  • Can be waterproof
  • Brush is gentle on lids
  • Cheaper than what I had
CONS
  • Might not be suitable for people with oily skin types / oily eyelids
  • Some may find gel liner difficult to apply in general


 photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif photo 016_zpsf7uj2l94.gif

What eyeliner do you use? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~