Sunday 2 August 2015

Superdrug Detoxifying Dead Sea Mineral Mask Review

Superdrug: 99p
It's that time of the year where my skin is starting to get dry and dull again. I decided to use this wash off mask in conjunction with my Laneige Water Sleeping Pack; the Superdrug one for brightening and Laneige for hydration. I've had a good experience with Superdrug's own branded face masks and so I thought I'd try this out.

It contains seaweed extract which is suitable for those with normal/oily skin. The aim of this is mainly to clear up your skin giving you a more vibrant complexion. As soon as you open the packet you can already smell the lavender scent, despite being able to smell it immediately, the scent isn't strong and so won't be too overwhelming. 

Claims
"Combines ultra-purifying benefits of dead sea minerals and nutrient rich seaweed that combines to penetrate deep into the pores and reduce dirt, oil and impurities, enhancing the skin's vitality. With a calming lavender aroma, your skin will be left feeling relaxed and de-stressed"

Product
It's grey in colour with blue hues and matches the front, unlike the last mask I tried. This isn't a problem but I feel happier when putting on a face mask that's similar to what's shown, so I don't feel like i've been conned lol (pls tell me I'm not the only one?) >.< 

It's very informative in that at the front of the packet it tells the user what skin type its for, the effects of using it and what it contains. Information is also written at the back, informing the user that it is paraben free and that they are against animal testing. 

I found that in the process of drying, the mask tightened my skin a lot which you'll feel within the first 5 minutes so it's a quick acting mask. Like I actually felt like my face was turning into dried clay and trust me by the time you go to wash it off, you'll look just like one with all the cracks and whatnot ;P 

After washing, I noticed my complexion was brighter and my face were slightly more hydrated. Unfortunately it wasn't a significant difference but you could still see the effects. It did clean out the dirt and oil that were sitting on my face where I was left with a nice refreshing tingly feeling on my face. However I wouldn't recommend for moisture, as my face felt a bit irritated on my upper cheeks due to dryness and this somehow further dried it out (everywhere else was fine though). I'd repurchase this if my skin was normal but right now, I'd opt for a more hydrating mask :) 

Pros
  • Tightens pores quickly
  • Brightens complexion
  • Slight hydration
  • Inexpensive
Cons
  • Slightly drying
  • May be irritative on skin
  • Redness is apparent after use
What hydrating mask would you recommend? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~