Friday 24 July 2015

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Review

Superdrug: £3.29
The most annoying thing to do when you put on makeup is to remove it later that day. For me, I'm lazy so I want something that would remove my makeup without having to tug at my skin with a lot of effort. This product was purchased ages ago but I barely use it due to make up wipes being invented, and come on who doesn't prefer to use one wipe and be done with it? Unfortunately my wipes ran out so I had to result to using this. 

Being my first cleansing water, I could say I'm pretty impressed with it. It removes majority of stubborn eyeliner and mascara with one swipe. It works better if you slowly move the cotton pad across your eyelid. For lipstick it comes off in one go as well. I like the fact that this doesn't contain any fragrance making it great for those with sensitive skin. You don't have to rinse this off which is perfect!

Honestly, this will last for so long, depending on how often you wear makeup and how much you wear. It says 200 uses, but I reckon it could be more if you have minimal makeup on. It doesn't have a smell to it, so essentially it's like taking your makeup off with water but easier and better for your skin. Although I've had a good experience with this product and it's inexpensive, I'd rather use cleansing oil - removes makeup much better in my opinion as well as locking in the moisture. Etude House and Shu Uemura do really good ones :)

I find that you sometimes need to rub harder than you need to to get the remaining makeup off especially around the eye area. This is bad because our eye area is so delicate and I certainly don't want to have wrinkles or fine lines so soon! >.<

Pros
  • Removes majority of makeup
  • No perfume - suitable for sensitive skin
  • Inexpensive 
  • Long-lasting; dependant on amount and frequency of makeup applied
  • Non-rinse
Cons
  • Better alternatives i.e. cleansing oil
  • Need to rub harder sometimes
  • Takes longer than wipes
Have you guys tried this before? What do you use to take off your makeup?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~