Monday 28 December 2015

Holika Holika Ampoule Sheet Mask From Nature - Ceramide + Honey Review


Hello lovelies, hope you all had a lovely Christmas with family and loved ones. Anyone ready for the new years in a few days time? :P

I've recently rediscovered my love for sheet masks, very late in comparison to other beauty bloggers I know. But back when I was in my early teens my skin was fairly good and wasn't really lacking anything (perks of being young T__T), hence why I thought sheet masks were pretty much so-so in their effectiveness for my skin at the time.  However my skin has changed a lot since then and have found that sheet masks deliver fast results and provide intense hydration, no matter what skin concerns they target.  

Within this series, there are 5 variations; mostly brightening properties. The Ceramide + Honey mask promises to deliver intensive moisture and nourishment to the skin. With honey extracts, a common ingredient for brightening and moisturising, it makes a perfect pick-me-up for those with dry / dehydrated skin. Those with oily / combination skin types can still use this but I think the former skin types will benefit more from these properties.

How to Use:

  • After cleansing & toning, apply the mask onto the face
  • Leave for 10-15 mins (according to instructions) 
  • Massage remaining ampoule into the skin with patting motions for full absorption

I didn't follow the instructions and instead left it on for 30 minutes as I feel my skin would absorb it a lot better. As it's ampoule contained, the formula is thicker than usual which in my opinion is perfect as you won't have to deal with the dripping sensation. There isn't much of a scent to this in my opinion, even if there is, it's very subtle and can hardly be detected. I also left it in the fridge for 5 minutes prior to usage to give me the cooling sensation. 

This definitely lives up to it's claims by giving ultimate moisture! My skin felt really plump and soft after taking it off and the brightening effects showed instantly. It left my skin glowing for a while and I love that feeling, because it shows that the skin is properly hydrated. This continued for hours after that and you could feel no tightness whatsoever. I think the more concentrated formula of the mask is the reason why you could still feel your skin feeling plumped and nourished for a hours after that.

I did use the remaining ampoule in the packet to rub on my arms and even then there were still a lot of ampoule left which I believe will be enough to cover the legs as well ;P If you have oil skin though, it will feel slightly heavy on the skin if left for the amount of time I left it on for, so I recommend to reduce the time you leave it on for. 

This is definitely something I'm going to repurchase for the dry winter months since it keeps dry skin at bay and deliver fast results in hydration and glowing skin. It also reduced some of the redness that I have on my cheeks which shows it's good use in soothing irritated / troubled skin. I'm absolutely impressed with this concentrated sheet mask and will be trying out the rest of the series :D 

Pros
  • Intense hydration 
  • Brightening
  • Inexpensive
  • Moisture lasts throughout the day
  • Reduces redness
Cons
  • Absorption takes longer due to thicker formulation
  • Can be heavy on oilier skin types - better used in winter when the skin tends to be drier
What are your favourite sheet masks for brightening? ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~