Wednesday 16 December 2015

Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask Review


I was looking for a new wash off mask when I came across this and thought it was quite interesting. As the name suggests, it bubbles up on your face and gives your skin a real good cleanse. 

According to Memebox this is a "deep-cleansing makeup remover and pore cleanser in one! With its special formulation of charcoal powder, it deeply penetrates the pores to thoroughly get rid of deep-seated dirt while supplying proper nutrients to keep the skin healthy and supple. It not only cleanses, refines and tightens pores but it also helps control excessive sebum which usually causes the pores to be clogged."

Just like clay masks usually are this is grey, but what I didn't expect was the jelly form of this product - looks like those alien jelly things (if you know what I'm talking about, you a cool 90s kid or anything before that). This contains commonly used ingredients for refining pores, extracting dirt and calming properties: green tea extracts, aloe vera leaf extract, matcha powder charcoal powder, pomegranate extract just to name a few that most people will be familiar with. I'm not sure how to describe the scent of this but it's fresh lol >.<


It comes in a tub with a plastic spatula that's completely useless - too small and the edges are not smoothed out properly so it scratches my face, but overall it's a good idea to have for hygiene purposes. The actual product is separated by an extra lid to prevent moisture loss. A good thing about this is that you can leave this on for only 5 minutes and wash it off so great for busy people :)


On application it's like any clay mask that glides on like a cream, but then it'll start bubbling up. This is a very messy mask in the form that it's in, I find it difficult to put a blob on my face without dropping bits on my bed but that could just be because of the spatula I used. Definitely recommend to use a pack brush in place of the one Elizavecca provided us with. Also, you have to work fast with this as it reacts with air and starts bubbling up really quickly. Therefore remember to put the lid back onto the tub as soon as you're done with it. 


Hiyaaaaa~ Santa Kelly here ;D I told you it bubbles up a lot so you really don't need to cover the whole face with full opacity, otherwise you'll be in the situation like me the first time I used it and breathe in bubbles LOL >.<" 

After it bubbles up, I rub in the product in my t-zone area for roughly 2 minutes to really get the grime and dirt out. However it's annoying when you're trying to do that and the bubbles get in the way and stick onto your fingers, making the job very difficult.

The final verdict in terms of effectiveness is just okay. With continued use, it does help clear my blackheads slightly but it doesn't tighten the pores as it claims. It's definitely something fascinating to try out because of the bubbly-ness going on but after a while, it just becomes the norm and tbh I'm not too keen on the messiness of this product. I do recommend to not leave it on for any longer than 5 minutes as this is quite strong of a product and will dry out the skin despite the soothing ingredients included. Definitely not for dry skin friends despite the company claiming it's suitable for all skin types, but for oily/combo skin types this would unclog those pores and could be left on longer in the summer when the skin tends to be oilier and the pores are larger. 

It will leave your face feeling fresh and brighter if the recommended time limit isn't exceeded, so it's great if you've had a long day at school or work to really refresh yourself before going to bed ^^ 

I'm unlikely to repurchase due to the messiness that comes along with it but otherwise it's fairly decent in refreshing the skin and brightening up the complexion as well as removing dirt but not something you'd want to purchase to tighten up the pores.  

PROS

  • Refreshes skin
  • Brighter complexion with regular use
  • Clear blackheads
  • Quick to use
  • Fairly cheap
CONS
  • Can be drying if left longer than 5 mins
  • Messy
  • Doesn't tighten pores 
Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a good day ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~