Monday 15 June 2015

Maken-Ki!


I've been watching anime for as long as I can remember and Maken-Ki! is just another added to the massive list of animes that I've watched. A word of warning to those who plan on watching this anime: there are a lot of boobies, nipples, panty/butt shots in every scene so if you don't mind it then enjoy the eye candy. I'm not surprised that there are boobs and panties in this since it's overdone by so many others already, however I definitely didn't expect boobies and nipples in almost every scene left right and centre >.<

Plot
Takeru Ohyama has enrolled at Tenbi Academy, a high school that converted from all-girls to co-ed. Hoping to have a life full of ogling pretty girls, he reunites with childhood friend Haruko Amaya, who shows him around school. However, he learns that the school is for students who possess magical and spiritual energies called Elements and who wield crafted weapons known as Makens. The students engage in school sanctioned combat matches that showcase their powers. While his own ability and Maken is not apparent at first, Takeru soon finds himself surrounded by girls, including Inaho Kushiya, an attractive girl who says she's his fiancée, and Kodama Himegami, a popular blonde who says she wants to kill him. He joins the Security Committee also known as Maken-ki, which supports the student council's operations.

Storyline wise I think it's alright, nothing too captivating. Although cliché its comedy element is what makes the anime come to life and got me into it. Otherwise it would just be one of those trashy pointless anime that are made for the sake of having big bobbed female protagonists and having no plot to it at all. It's literally one of those harem genres where quite a few girls take interest into this one baka dense guy who's nothing special. The amount of innuendos in this is unreal, it doesn't bother me but for people who are more conservative may feel uncomfortable. 

When picking out an anime to watch, I look at the art of it - colour and the way the characters' eyes are drawn are really important. Unless the storyline is absolutely amazing, I won't watch something that has crap art e.g. Attack on Titan* - I personally dislike how they were drawn but the plot was so good that I couldn't stop watching it! 

However, Maken-Ki! to me had good art; it was so colourful with the hair and eyes as well as the special effects which engaged me even more because I'm a sucker for colour when it comes to watching anime.

The love line between two characters always gets me so frustrated especially when the male is very dense. But what frustrates me more is when the girl decides that it would be a good idea to hide her feelings knowing full well that he's dense and then gets mad that he doesn't notice anything, like bitch what do you expect??? Anyway, it's not an anime that's been rushed especially when it comes to the love story between the characters which I like. Although there are some bits which I didn't quite understand as some events occur for no reason and just doesn't fit with what was happening at the time, which were never explained, so for that part it's a dislike from me.

Overall it's a decent anime, good if you want to have a laugh or just need a bit of cheering up. I wouldn't watch this with high hopes of it having an amazing plot because it doesn't. Lots of eye candy, so if you're a guy/girl (I don't judge) and like that kind of stuff then this might be for you :)

Any shoujo animes that you guys want to recommend? Or just anime in general? What are you currently watching? ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~