Thursday 4 June 2015

LANCÔME Miracle Cushion Review

Selfridges - 02 Beige Rosé
My first ever cushion and boy am I happy! I actually wanted to try the Korean ones first because I've read so many reviews about them and the fact that they're cheaper e.g. Innisfree's Long Wear Cushion and Laneige Whitening BB Cushion. However, I walked into Selfridges with the intention of buying a MAC lipstick which was unfortunately out of stock, and instead came out with this baby.



I'm really impressed by how hygienic the packaging was - had double protection. The puff is found on top of the lid and underneath that, the actual foundation was sealed. Usually with products that have a puff like powders, they're usually placed directly on top of the product which I don't really like. 

I've not tried many foundations due to finding one that suited my skin tone and type on the first try and since then I've stuck to it. Apart from that, I use BB cream which a lot of the time only have a few shades since they're Korean branded. Western ones are too orange which I absolutely hate -.- 

When the sales assistant tried this on me, I found that this actually matched my skin tone better than the foundation I'm already using (Bourjois Healthy Mix in Vanilla) which bear in mind is already pretty accurate to my skin tone. 


This felt really light on my skin like as if I weren't wearing anything at all. Application is easy too as I only need to pat the puff into the product once and that would be enough for the whole face. I like how the compact form of this makes it travel friendly so it's great for girls who are always on the run. 

It's also long lasting; touch up isn't necessary and when I go out I usually stay out for a good 8 hours and if my t-zone starts to get a little bit oily I just go over it with powder. Light-medium coverage,  so it's perfect for me but coverage can be built up by applying more than one layer, but I don't know if that would make it cakey so for those who prefer/need higher coverage, do it at your own risk. If not, the sensible thing to do is buy a foundation that actually has high coverage. 

I like my foundations to have a slight dewy finish, and this does the job due to its liquidy formula. I don't think I'll ever finish using my other foundation now that I've got this haha :P However I don't think I'll repurchase this due to the pricing (£29.50) and the fact that I'd want to try out other cushions as well.

Pros
  • Lightweight
  • Travel friendly
  • Buildable coverage
  • Semi-matte finish
  • Hygienic packaging
Cons
  • Expensive
What are your favourite cushions? ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~