Saturday 23 May 2015

Vine Vera Resevratrol Mertol Refining Peeling Review


I shouldn't be allowed to buy skincare products - I end up buying loads because I'm either curious to try new things or I run out >.<

Anyway, I was looking for a good peeling gel instead of the usual exfoliator that I use since I feel like  these are much gentler and does the job. So walking around town and out of nowhere this sales assistant stopped me and basically tried to sell this to me, which worked :( He promised to give me an almost 50% discount; if he hadn't I wouldn't have bought this at all because it's wayyyyy too expensive at the original price. He even gave me samples of their moisturiser which smells lovely btw (I'd probably make a review on that as well).


Resveratrol is something found in the skin of red grapes, red wine, peanuts and some berries which is supposedly good for anti-aging as well as having antioxidant properties, protecting you from diseases.

The product had a separator to prevent the product from coming out but it didn't really do a good job, as I found some product still manages to leak out once I've finished using it. There's not much of a scent to this besides like a plasticky smell? So this is perfect for those who are sensitive to smells.

It has gel-like consistency which gives a nice cooling sensation when you first apply it, but a no brainer would be able to guess that it slides very easily, so make sure you finish rubbing in one part of your skin before you move onto the next area. This contains small beads which help you to exfoliate but it's very gentle so don't worry about killing your skin :)



Ew, look at all the dead skin I had! With just a little applied a lot of dead skin can be removed which is what I like about this, but I guess it's what you get for the price that it was for >.< After applying this onto my skin my skin automatically felt more refreshed and came out a lot a smoother. I had high hopes for this product since it was so expensive but it did not disappoint! However I find that when you first apply this, as in the first time ever my skin started to sting, not majorly but I definitely wasn't expecting it since I've never had problems with face products giving me that feeling. Thankfully this only lasted a short moment and only happened for that one time, every use after that was completely fine phew >.<

Overall, this has great brightening and smoothing effects and removes dead skin with little product and therefore will last you ages. It's gentle formula makes it good for every day use, but I use it 2-3 times a week. Requires minimal effort to apply and takes literally about 1 minute to wash off everything properly. The only downside to this is that it's very expensive - definitely not student friendly :(

Pros

  • No perfumed scent
  • Removes dead skin effectively
  • Minimal effort needed
  • Smoother and brighter skin
  • Cooling sensation
Cons
  • Expensive - original price = around £100 (I still cry about it even at the discounted price)
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a good day ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~